Worship at Peace Lutheran Church
Word Alone, Faith Alone, Grace Alone
Join Our Community
Saturdays Starting at 5:00pm
For our 5 p.m. Saturday evening worship we use the Evening Prayer service with the addition of the confession and absolution, and Lord’s Supper liturgy from Divine service five setting from the “Lutheran Service Book” hymnal. The majority of this service is chanted. It focuses on Christ as the light of the world as we enter into the evening hours. It is a deep breath at the end of our busy fast-paced day/week. During this service we do receive Holy Communion and sing two hymns. Though the actual length may vary a little the service usually runs 45 minutes to an hour.
8:15am and 10:30am
Liturgy for our Sunday worship services is usually drawn from two divine services in the Lutheran Service book hymnal. If you are familiar with the hymn book, the services appear on the pages 184 and 151. These services alternate between singing and spoken responses. There are three scripture readings in the service and the sermon generally is based on one of those readings or the appointed Psalm for the Sunday. Hymns during the distribution of the Lord’s Supper are drawn from the “Lutheran Service Book” hymnal and a supplemental hymn book “Sing Joyfully!” This service usually lasts between an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes. Communion is offered on the 1st and 3rd Sundays.
Monthly Prayer List
For the month of May we will be praying for Pastors and Congregations in South Dakota.
1. Rev Brian Mosemann Bethesda Lutheran Church, Marion SD
2. Bethesda Lutheran Church, Hot Springs, SD
3. Rev. Nathan Neugebauer Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Milbank SD
4. Rev Joshua Herman Jones Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Rapid City SD
5. Rev John Fries Blessed Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Sturgis SD
6. Rev Daniel Deardoff, Blessed Redeemer Lutheran Church, Brandon SD
7. Rev Matthew Nix Christ Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls, SD
8. Christ Lutheran Church, Winner SD
9. Rev David Otten Christ Lutheran Church, Lebanon, SD
10. Rev Colin Ford Concordia Lutheran Church, Cresbard, SD
11. Rev Paul Albers Concordia Lutheran Church, Vermillion SD
12. Rev Randy Sturzenbecher Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church, Black Hawk, SD
13. Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Sisston SD
14. Rev David Otten Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Gettysburg, SD
15. Rev Christopher McCarthy Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Creighton, SD
16. Rev Brian Lemke Emmaus Lutheran Church, Tripp SD
17. Rev Corey Aker, Faith Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls, SD
18. Rev Dr Corey Rajek, Faith Lutheran Church, Pierre SD
19. Rev Timothy Koch Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Milbank SD
20. Rev Kenneth Soyk Faith Lutheran Church, Parkston SD
21. Rev Kurt Laskowsky First English Lutheran Church, Centerville, SD
22. Rev Brian Mosemann First English Lutheran Church, Parker SD
23. Rev Christopher McCarthy First Lutheran Church, Wall SD
24. Rev John Fries Grace Lutheran Church, Deadwood SD
25. Rev David Strable Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Oneida, SD
26. Rev Jeremy Richert Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Dakota Dunes, SD
27. Rev Ryan Loeshe Immanuel Lutheran Church, Dinock SD
28. Rev David Strable Immanuel Lutheran Church, Harrold SD
29. Rev Brian Mosemann Immanuel Lutheran Church, Minno SD
30. Rev Colin Ford Immanuel Lutheran Church, Wecota SD
31. Rev Wade Meyer & Rev Chera Nemera Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls SD
Pray for them to filled with the knowledge of God’s will with all spiritual wisdom and understanding to help them walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to God, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. That they would be strengthened by God with all power according to his glorious might for all endurance patience with joy that they would give thanks to God for all endurance and patience with joy; giving thanks to the Father that they have qualified that person and us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light and that He has delivered that person and us from the domain of darkness and transferred them to the kingdom of his beloved Son in whom that person and us have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
This is the prayer of St. Paul for the Colossians. We will then send that person a note letting them know that as a congregation we have lifted them up in prayer.
About Peace Lutheran Church
A beacon of faith in our community.
Known in our community as the "Church at the Three Crosses," Peace Lutheran was founded by God fearing Lutheran families in 1917 who wished to worship their Lord in their German tongue. Today only a few of those charter member families are still represented among the congregation and we have grown and changed down through the years. However, through all those years our missionary aim has remained the same: to proclaim to the world God's Word of salvation from sin and death, celebrate the Sacraments, and Praise His Holy Name!
In the Fall of 2007, in partnership with Immanuel Lutheran Church and its preschool, we established The Lutheran Academy, Scranton, providing for our church and community a beautiful educational institution. It aims to give a Classical Christian education with a focus on the performing and visual arts.
WHAT IS THE LUTHERAN CHURCH AND WHAT DOES IT TEACH?
Peace Lutheran Church has membership in the 2.5 million member Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, a national church headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Lutherans are Christians who are committed to the historic, orthodox understanding of the Triune God and the salvation won for us in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. To know more about what our church teaches, please visit this page on the website of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
The tithes and donations you make to Peace Lutheran Church make a difference to our church, our community, and the people of Scranton. There are various ways you can donate. We pass a collection plate during services and electronic giving is available for 24/7 donations. Click the link below to set up your one-time or recurring offering to Peace Lutheran Church.
“Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops” (Proverbs 3:9).
"God doesn't love us because of our worth, we are of worth because God loves us."